I don't really know what's going on with this printer, but all of a sudden it's been having a number of problems lately.
1. Printer keeps re-installing: I use a Mac and everytime I select Print, the printer shows that the HP 5150 printer has added itself again. My printer list looks something like "HP 5100" followed by "HP 5100-1" and then "HP 5100-2".
2. Slow printing: When I do manage to print, it prints exceedingly slow, even when I've selected for it to print fast.
3. Does not print black: Coupled with the snail paced printing is that it only prints from the colour cartridge even though I've selected for it to print in "grayscale". I've replaced the black ink cartridges because I thought they were out of ink, but that doesn't seem to help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like your DeskJet 5150 needs to be restarted. Try:
1) Press <Power> button to turn the printer off, then press again to turn it back on 2) If problem persists, turn off the printer 3) Disconnect the power cord from the power source 4) Reconnect the power cord 5) Turn the printer on
Printers try to fit web pages on a single sheet of paper. If you configure the printer, in the print dialog, not to shrink images and text to fit the paper, it will print on multiple sheets of paper, but the correct size for the images and text.
In a Word document, it depends on what font size you have selected. Most people would rather have the web page print on a single sheet, with smaller images and text than were on the monitor; than tape together multiple sheets for 100% size printout.
Go to www.hp.com and click on their "Software & driver downloads" link. Under "select a task and enter a product name and number", pick "download driver and software". In the "for product" box, enter "5150". In the results page, click the "HP Deskjet 5150 Color Inkjet Printer" link. Pick your operating system. After that, you'll reach the driver download page. You have a choice of "full feature" or "basic feature" drivers. Either one will work, but I prefer the "full feature" driver.
Go to the HP website and use thier software down load package it is easy. I lost my HP deskjet 5150 disc that was hw i was able to reinstall it to new system. I hpoe this will help you. I sure do know it will