Question about Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The black cartidge is full but the 3 colour cartridges are empty. Why is the printer not giving any B/W print?
Your printer and its software will let you know when an ink cartridge is low or expended.
If an ink cartridge is low or expended, you see a message on the Epson Stylus CX8400 LCD display screen. If a cartridge is expended, you must replace it to be able to print. If a cartridge is low, you can continue printing until a cartridge needs replacement.
You cannot print or copy when an ink cartridge is expended even if the other cartridges are not expended. Replace any expended cartridges before printing or copying.
When an installed ink cartridge is more than six months old, you may need to replace it if your printouts do not look their best, even after cleaning and aligning the print head.
Follow the steps below to replace one or more ink cartridges that are low on ink, expended, or too old:
1. Turn on the printer.
If you're replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD display screen, press Setup, select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.
2. Open the scanner.
3. Open the cartridge cover.
4. Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
5. Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it four or five times. (Do not shake a cartridge after opening the package; ink may leak.)
6. Remove the cartridge from the package, but be careful not to touch the green chip on the cartridge.
7. Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the cartridge.
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
8. Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
9. Once you replace all the necessary cartridges, close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
10. Close the scanner.
11. Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
When you see a completion message on the LCD display screen, ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the printer while ink is charging or you'll waste ink. If you see an ink replacement message on the LCD display screen, press OK and press down all the cartridges securely.
Posted on Feb 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
If you need more help come back.Post /
thumbs / testimonial are
Nov 23, 2010 | HP LaserJet 2605dn Printer
Apr 27, 2010 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
May 09, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 07, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX6050 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 03, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 27, 2008 | Epson Stylus C20UX InkJet Printer
Oct 28, 2008 | Epson STYLUS CX3900 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 16, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Aug 04, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 28, 2006 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
389 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!