Printer Feeder not working well. Paper always gets stuck.
How can I fix this problem? Unless I hold the paper down or have enough paper in the paper tray, the paper never feeds properly and eats up the paper when printing. I have to hold the paper down and make sure the paper goes in flat and smoothly before it prints correctly. Also, if I put in the photo paper, it doesn't print well and most of the time eats up the 8.5 x 11 photo paper.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Uploaded 100 video answers.
Re: Printer Feeder not working well. Paper always gets...
Recurring paper jams can be caused by broken parts, using too much paper in the in-tray, or parts (usually the rear door) not on all the way. This video explains how to fix a paper or carriage jam, but explains along the way the things to watch for. If you go through the steps in this video and you still get paper jammed, you may have a broken printer that needs to be replaced or repaired.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
If paper is stuck inside, open the printer cover and remove the jammed paper, including any torn pieces. Then close the printer cover.
If paper remains near the sheet feeder, press the paper feed roller lever inside the paper feeder to release the jammed paper, then carefully pull it out.
Load the paper correctly.
Press the stop button to resume printing.
If the printer continues to jam or misfeed paper, and you are certain that there are no foreign objects lodged down inside the paper feed area, your printer may require service. Please call Epson technical support for further assistance.
did you try to feed it one paper at a time? in many printers the feeder doesn't do a good job separating one paper from the rest.
another thing you can do is to turn off the printer and back on. this might get it out of the stuck status it is in.
did you check there isn't any paper stuck in the feeder?
Hello , sometimes what happens is that there could be objects blocking the
path of the paper on one side. Maybe a paper clip or a pen, I have seen
this many many times. Just turn off the printer and remove the paper
from the feeder. Unplug the printer from the power cord. Then flip the
printer upside down and shake it a little most of the times you will
find something stuck in there and it will fell down. If you do not find
anything maybe then there is something wrong with the feeder roller.
Also try the following link http://bit.ly/9nrlMW
Hi, Remove the jammed
paper. Unplug the printer from the mains and PC. Inspect the rollers, etc for
tiny paper piece(s) that may be stuck, or other debris. Try to clean rollers
and make sure they are dry. Keep printer unplugged for about 2 minutes and
replug and try a test print. Also make sure that you have waited long enough
for the printer to heat up before giving a print job. Finally, it could be an issue with the paper
sensor. If this is the case, you will probably have to take the printer in for
You can try to clean it by using a blower maybe there are some debris stuck on the paper feeder assembly. But if its evident that the rubber of the paper feeder is worn out already then probably needs a replacement. but this parts are sold as one assembly it might cost you a lot.
Hi, The printer may report load paper when there is enough paper present in the feeder, however this could be due to number of reasons such as if there is something which is blocking the paper to flow through the feeder anything for example, some foreign martial like a pen or a pencil, please find few steps below to fix this issue.
1. Confirm that no foreign materials are inside the machine. 2. Confirm that usable paper is set. 3. Confirm that the paper is set properly. 4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets are not exciding the required number limit.
5. Adjust the paper feeder guide to the sheet size.
6. Disconnect the printer power cord as well as the printer cable form the printer.
7. Turn the printer upside down and shake the printer in order to remove any obstacle which is stuck inside the printer causing the paper jam error.
Open the printer cover and remove the cartridge and check carefully if there is any small piece of paper which is stuck inside, if so carefully remove it.
8. Disconnect the printer power cord and press and hold the power button on the printer for about 15 to 20 seconds( this will release the flee power) and reconnect the printer and check.
9. Try to rotate the wheel inside the feeder if you can reach it, to ensue that it is free enough to pull the paper.
10. Try printing with having only one sheet in the feeder and check if it does work.
Should you require any further assistance regarding the printer or even any other compute related issue please feel free to contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.
Hi, The issue you have posted regarding your printer which is un able to load the paper could be due to number of reasons like if there is any foreign material for example pen, pencil or any other obstacle which is blocking the paper to feed through the printer feeder then the printer will not be able to load the paper. However I would appreciate if you try the steps below in order to fix the issue.
1. Confirm that no foreign materials are inside the machine. 2. Confirm that usable paper is set. 3. Confirm that the paper is set properly. 4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets set does not exceed the required limit.
5. Disconnect the printer power cord as well as the printer cable form the printer.
6. Turn the printer upside down and shake the printer in order to remove any obstacle which is stuck inside the printer causing the paper jam error.
Open the printer cover and remove the cartridges and check carefully if there is any small piece of paper which is stuck inside, if so remove it carefully.
7. Disconnect the printer power cord and press and hold the power button on the printer for about 15 to 20 seconds( this will release the flee power) and reconnect the printer and check.
8. Check and set the paper guide in the feeder to the paper size.
9. Try loading a single sheet and check if it is printing.
10. Try different type of paper.
11. try to rotate the roller inside the feeder which pulls the paper manually if possible to ensure that it is not jammed
Should you require any further assistance regarding the printer or even for any other computer related issue please feel free to contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.
Honestly? Unplug the machine...REMOVE THE DRUM UNIT!!!!! and other parts not locked down. Turn it upside down and shake it lightly to moderately. You can also try holding the lever forward while you do this. This has worked for so many machines you would be surprised. You might be even more surprised what comes out. I have seen pens, pieces of ceiling tiles, wire clippings, Matchbox cars, and grape jelly (I didn't ask).
I had same problem. first turn of the printer and unplug electrical supply. turn the printer upside down and make sure there is nothing stuck in paper feeder. the next step, take a paper sort of a greetings card and try to run it through the feeder gently. if you cant get it through then don't force it. but this will clear up any object stuck in to paper feeder. now plug in yor power cord and try a test page from your printers properties. hope this will work for you. good luck...........