Red & Green Lights keep flashing on Epson Stylus Photo1280
I changed ink cartdridges and when I turn on printer it acts like it normally does at the beginning but then both red & geen lights are flashing off and on and the printer will not do anything else. I can't even get it to print a test page.
Re: Red & Green Lights keep flashing on Epson Stylus...
I had the same problem. You need to reset the waste ink counter:
1. Turn printer off, unplug power cord. Disconnect computor interface cable (back of the printer).
2. After one minute, reattach power cord, but not the computor interface cable.
3 Hold down the LOAD/EJECT and CLEANING buttons simultaneously (cleaning button has ink drop on it) .
4 Turn printer on. Release all buttons as soon as the paper out light flashes.
5 Quickly press the cleaning button, and hold for 10 sec while paper out light flashes.
6 Release the button and the printer will initialize.
7. Once the initialization is complete, turn the printer off.
8. Reconnect the interface cable.
9. Turn the printer on and try to print your document.
Re: Red & Green Lights keep flashing on Epson Stylus...
Acording to the epson repair person I brought my printer to he
thought that the waste ink pad was full and needed replacing
180.00. He then found out our paper counter had printed the
max number of pages and needed to be reset. Total cost 45.00
I brought him a 20.00 subway gift certificate.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Flashing alternately mean waste pad full. Reset using SSC utility or Adjusment program/resetter. But, you must replace cartridge before. Turn off printer, unlock carriage lock (left side of carriage at parking position). Move carriage by hand to replacement position. Replace ink tank. Reset using the resetter.
go to the printer setting under control panel, right click on the icon then properties..you can check the ink level there...normally if your printer blinks and ask for a new cartridge..better follow what the printer says... : >
The Waste Ink Pads in your printer are saturated with ink and the waste ink counter has exceeded its limit. The Waste Ink Pads should be replaced as soon as possible. You can overcome this problem temporarily by using the SSC utility - download from
and reset the Protection Counter. This will stop the lights flashing and restore normal operation. However, remember that eventually ink will overflow from the waste ink area and make a dreadful mess, so you must change the waste ink pads before this happens. This requires the disassembly of the printer. If you want to have a go at doing this yourself, the 820 service manual can be downloaded from here:
WWW.EPSON.COM/SUPPORT AND DOWNLOADS, WHEN YOU FLIP OPEN THE COVER SEE IF THE UNDERSIDE HAS A INSTRUCTION APPLET ON CLEANING AND REPLACING INK CARTRIDGES, THOSE LIGHTS MEAN 2- THINGS RED-LIGHT, INK IS TOO LOW,NEEDS REPLACEMENT, RED WITH GREEN AFTER REPLACEMENT CLEAN HEADS, I HAVE SAME PRINTER , NOTHING MAJOR, USER GUIDE IS ON SITE ALSO IN PDF, FORMAT.... JON T
If both lights are flashing, it means the Waste Ink Pads in your printer are saturated with ink and the waste ink ("protection") counter has exceeded its limit. The Waste Ink Pads should be replaced as soon as possible. You can overcome this problem temporarily by using the SSC utility - download from
and reset the Protection Counter. This will stop the lights flashing and restore normal operation. However, remember that eventually ink will overflow from the waste ink area and make a dreadful mess, so you must change the waste ink pads before this happens. This requires the disassembly of the printer. A copy of the service manual is available from a number of sellers - just Google "Epson C45 Service Manual". You will often find them for sale very cheaply on E-Bay.
Install it, and double click the ssc printer icon in the bottom right corner (System Tray). Choose Configuration and set your printer type (810), then close the ssc window. Now right click the ssc icon in the sytem tray and choose Protection Counter. You should see that the current count is above the limit; then choose reset to set it to zero. Turn the printer off then back on again. This will stop the lights flashing and restore normal operation.
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons", then hold down the ink button for approx. half a minute until the printer lights flash again then release it. That resets the printer.”