- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is the Open Tray error which basically means that the laser is messed up or your disc is gone. Solution one: Make sure that the disc is clean. Two: Try other discs if it doesnt work choose 3,4 or 5. Three: Buy a new console (Recommended) Four: Send off to microsoft and they will charge you (EXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED) Five: Open up and replace laser (NOT RECOMMENDED)
Hi, firstly is your xbox still under warranty if so i suggets you send it back to microsoft via going on to xbox,com. on xbox.com you will be able to get help on fixing it firstly, like things to try before sending it off
if its not under warranty send me a message back and il help you further
*1.clean the disc drive *2. replace the disc drive
3. Put in a game and tap with a moderate force on top of the drive 4. Clear system cache. To do this, go to system settings and click memory. Press "Y" and go to clear cache, or click: "X" "X" "LB" "RB" "X" "X" as a button sequence. 5. Clean the laser and the rails. If the unit needs to have the laser reader lens cleaned DONT use regular rubbing alcohol. Get pure stuff....the rubbing type leaves a glare on glass and plastic lenses. Also ,the chrome rails that the laser moves along sometimes need to be cleaned and lubed with liquid silicone. This method clears read problems most of the time not resolved by these other techniques.
6. WARNING: Don't try this one if you don't want to take even the slight risk of damaging the console even further! Turn off the console with a cd in it. Then open the disc tray, and quickly take out the cd, slam the tray shut (Not too hard now), and turn off the XBOX 360.
How long have you owned your system? You may be able to contact xbox for a repair under the warranty. If your warranty is expired and you're feeling adventurous, you can try to take apart the system and clean the lens of the disk drive with a cotton swab(Q-tip) very carefully, do not use much pressure, it will scratch. If this doesn't work, I suggest contacting xbox and having them fix it for you, if you don't have a warranty anymore, you may have to pay for the repair. www.xbox.com
I hope I was able to help you solve your problem and please rate! Thank you!