Question about Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
I have the same problem as others. The machine takes on water, but most of it goes down the drain. The water level does not rise; the machine will not engage the wash cycle.
Any advise, please respond here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have ever experienced the problem where you washer continually fills but never reaches the proper level (not an overflow). Or, the wash tub water level cannot be maintained, because the water level keeps dropping. You may be experiencing what is known as “siphoning”. This occurs when there is no air gap for the drain line at the standpipe. The standpipe is the drain pipe at the wall where the washer drain line is placed. With no air gap, a vacuum is created, and water will begin to drain from the wash tub prematurely. To prevent this from occurring, follow this advice:
* The standpipe should be 2 inches in diameter to allow a sufficient air gap between the top of the standpipe and the drain hose.
* The standpipe should be a minimum of 34” from the floor, and should not exceed 72 inches in height.
* DO NOT seal the top of the standpipe. Many consumers seal the standpipe in the belief that this will prevent overflows, or get rid of drain odors. This often creates more problems than solutions.
* DO NOT place the drain hose too far down into the pipe. Water stays in the drain trap area of the standpipe. If the end of the drain hose rests in this area, no air gap is created, and this can also cause siphoning. 4 to 6 inches is sufficient.
* The drain hose length must not exceed 10 feet in length. Excessive drain hose length can cause drain problems and back wash.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 13, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 25, 2017 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jul 14, 2017 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 07, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jul 10, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jun 03, 2010 | Washing Machines
Mar 27, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 06, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Dec 24, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Oct 22, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: