Hi, my black dualshock2 controller is not working. The buttons do not work but the red analog light does come on. when i put the controller in, it scrolls through the options automatically and i can not control it. none of the buttons or the analog sticks work. Could you please tell me how to fix it? What is the main cause of this problem?
I think i found out why. one of your buttons may be jammed down inside your controller. this might be solved by banging something hard against it, however this solution is only temporary. the better thing to do is take it to a game shop to either get "surgery" or get a new one.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try cleaning the jack at the end of the controller with a pin by the contact points then blow out the dust. Also watch the ps2 system where the controller jacks in sometimes the the contact points in the game gets bent try straightening them!
there is not a practical way to fix it like when i played ps2 and stuff like that happened i would like blow into the cord where you plug it in. and i would blow into the actual ps2... i mean there really is no way... buy a new controller they're extremely cheap now... you can get a wireless one for like $15
Check the controls on the game's control section. If you play another game that uses the right analog control and it works on that game then it's the control set up for FIFA. Make sure that the analog control light is on when the game boots up. Sometimes if the analog control light is not on when you turn the game on and you turn it on afterwards, the analog stick controls don't work properly. That happened to me on NFS Pro Street. If this helped you leave feedback please. FIXYA!
does it stop working?or stopped vibrating?if the vibration stopped then wire connecting to the rotating motor is detached this is the common problem with dual shock because of constant vibration.Solution is to open the controller and connect the loose wire,dust is also a big factor if buttons are already not responding so try also to remove accumulated dust on the button touch board.
Removed accumulated dust sticking on the board were the buttons touches.use cotton balls with alcohol or use
clean damp cloth.If nothing's happen check the cord I'm sure it is twisted badly, open your ps2 use this controller and try to twist back the twisted cord if it stopped sometimes when your twisting it then you have to replaced the cord(make sure that your using the original ps2 controller not imitation)pls. rate
I have the same problem!
i actually have 2 controlers and both of them dont work on this game i dont know why..
but when i restart my PS2 and the menu pops up i can move upi and down and all the buttons work, how come they don work in the game?!?
It could be the PS2 connector port.
1) Try cleaning it. Maybe used compressed air or just blow into the faulty connector port.
2) Something more challenging, is to maybe open up the PS2 and to search for any broken connections between the Ps2 controller port, and the Motherboard of the PS2. Use a phillips #0 or a phillips #1 screwdriver, flip the ps2, you will see all these tiny squares, pull them out using something sharp, and underneath them there will be the screws, also there are some screws located underneath the warranty sticker and another underneath the Info sticker, just probe the surface until you land upon a hole. there you will find the screws. Open the ps2 up and you will spot the connector and search for any broken connections. any broken links can be fixed just by using a soldering iron and some solder.( OPENING UP YOUR PLAYSTATION VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY).
3) IF your ps2 is still under warranty, you can send it back to sony, or one of their many repair centres around the nation( IF U ARE IN THE USA). If in another nation, you can visit sony.com and follow their instructions on how to go about with in warranty repairs
if you have the vibe on other games then it is a simple game tying to fined the game seting but if not ther is a problem with the controler i had the same problem but luckaly i was able to fix it as i am a electronics NVQ level 4.