Question about Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
Dvd player plays some movies and some it doesn't.error message comes up. tried movies in another player and they work.
It might be sevral reasons:
1. Check if region code is the same for movies you playing and DVD player
2. If you using video CDs or copyed DVDs, player might be preventing to playback those kind of discs, due to copyright laws or due to different speed settings for DVD player and discks you using (for intsrance you player can playback DVD/CD+R, and you using DVD/CD-R, or mximum allowed playback speed is 16 you using disk recorded at 24, but this is in case you using burned/copied CD/DVDs)
3. Check it lens is durty. For that use CD/DVD lens cleaning disk
($6 in Walmart, if you are in US)
4. Check if movies you are have the same coloring system, i.e NTSC for US
5. Check CD/DVD for scratches, some DVD players can not playback scratched disks
Please kindly let me know if my information was helpfull for you or you need more info
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2012 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Jul 29, 2009 | Coby TFDVD5000 Portable DVD Player
May 19, 2009 | Sansui VRDVD4005 DVD Player/VCR
Oct 19, 2008 | Philips DVP5140 DVD Player
Jul 14, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad T43 Notebook
Nov 06, 2007 | Kaser Corporation Mambo Mano Digital Media...
Aug 16, 2007 | Samsung DVD-V4600 DVD Player/VCR
Jan 01, 2007 | LG GCC 4320B CD-RW/DVD-ROM Burner
244 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: