Question about Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
I smelled burning plastic while dryer was running. I pulled the plug and found one of the terminals was burnt and the plastic around the terminal was melted and black. I replaced the cord and turned the dryer on and within minutes the same thing happened to the new plug. I think the 220 socket has a loose wire. Thanks in advance for your response.
You are right. There is not a good connection somewhere. When you say your replaced the cord, did you also replace the plug? Make sure all fittings are tight. Where it is melting, this is where the problem probably is. You can also check the receptacle and see that the wires to it are tight as well. There is a build up of heat or resistance in that area tha tis causing your problem. let me know how you do. Good luck.
Posted on Feb 08, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2016 | Dryers
Feb 03, 2016 | Whirlpool GEW9250 Electric Dryer
Sep 21, 2009 | Kenmore 62802 Electric Dryer
May 24, 2009 | Pool & Spa
Feb 24, 2009 | Maytag Dryers
Jan 13, 2009 | Ovens
Jan 03, 2009 | LG DLE5977 Stainless Steel Electric Dryer
Apr 12, 2008 | Dryers
Jan 22, 2008 | Dryers
422 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: