- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Maybe you corrupted the audio driver. Download and reinstall it. Get onlineand got to www.google.com In the google search box type: "ASUSSupport" (without the quotes and put your manufacturer name before Support). Look for downloads and drivers. Enter your model number and operatingsystem when requested. Download and install the Audio drivers.
Buy a driver magician full version installation disk and install it to your computer. After installing it, run the program and for sure, driver magician will automatically detect the driver that your loptop need for it's sound to work properly. Select it and driver magician will download it for you . Install the downloaded loptop sound driver and after you reboot you loptop you shoul be able to hear a sound again from your loptop as if it's driver has not been deleted. Have a nice day my friend, hope this would help you.
You need to download the audio drivers from the Compaq/HP WEB support/download page. Make sure you select your model laptop and the XP or Vista Windows version of the drivers you require and install them. Click on this link to download the drivers: - www.hp.com/#Support
Have you installed the audio driver?
If you have installed an audio driver, it most likely an incorrect one.
To check if you have installed a correct audio driver.
Go to the Control Panel - click on Sounds and Audio Devices - click on the Sounds tab - click on any of the Program events and click the play button. If you hear a sound from the speakers the audio driver is correctly installed. Also connect a headphone to the laptop and repeat this test. If you don't hear any sounds and the play button is greyed out, it means the correct version of the audio driver wasn't installed. You can check if this is true - go to Control Panel - System - Hardware tab - Device Manager and look for any devices that have a yellow ? against the device. This indicates a device driver is required to make this device work. You need to download the correct device driver for your model laptop, and it must be a XP or Vista version that matches the Windows version that is installed on your laptop.
You will need to reload the drivers for your audio device. Where you saw the exclamation mark, if you right click, properties, you should see a tab for reinstall drivers. This should take care of your problem. (As a back-up, if the reinstall does not work, check the Acer support page, and download the drivers for your model notebook.) Good luck.
There are two sides of the problem. Hardware and software. To check whether the hardware is defective:
Try running the Pre-boot System Assessment (PSA):
1. Shutdown system
2. Press and hold on the "Fn" key.
3. Press the power button to turn the system on while holding on the "Fn" key.
4. Run the PSA until you get to the "colored bars". Then press "N" to say no.
5. Should you hear the beep codes, that means that the sound card is working fine. If you don't hear anything, then you need to replace your motherboard.
Now if your hear beeps that means that there's something wrong with the driver and audio settings. Do the following:
1. Right-click on My Computer then click on Properties
2. Click on Hardware then Device Manager
3. Click on the (+) beside Sound and Audio Devices
4. Right click on Sigmatel then click "Uninstall".
5. Go to support.dell.com
6. Click on Drivers and Downloads
7. Enter the Service Tag of your system (found at the bottom of your laptop)
8. Then download the audio driver. Just save it on your desktop first.
9. Restart the computer.
10. Install the driver.
11. Go to Control Panel -> Sounds and audio
12. Make sure that Sigmatel is the default sound device.