Question about Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 2 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 18, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Feb 01, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 2480 Notebook
Jan 01, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Dec 31, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Nov 09, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Oct 30, 2008 | Pioneer DVR-107D DVD±RW Burner
May 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 22, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: