Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Im having problems with when i try to complete the second connection test where every thing is hooked up. it seems to say that i have no connection and the message of limited connection appears in the bottom lower hand corner?
Limited or No Connectivity Error Message
If you are still experiencing this error message even you may be experiencing one of several problems shown below:
1) Your Network or DSL router may have bad or missing information. Powercycle your router and/or rebuild the configuration in your router.
2) Double-check your cabling to the computer. Make sure you have the correct type of cabling, straight-through CAT 5 or possibly a crossover cable and try another cable or test the cable to make sure its working properly.
3) Check your network card to make sure its configured correctly and working properly. Many times setting the network card to 10Mbps/Full Duplex will solve this issue. To do this, open Control Panel, System, Device Manager. Go to the properties of the Network card, click on the Advanced tab and find the Link Speed and Duplex section. Change it from Auto Detect to 10Mbps/Full Duplex.
4) Check and test your firewall. Your firewall, especially if its a software firewall like ZoneAlarm, Black Ice, Norton Firewall or something else could be blocking the connection. Disable your firewall and test the connection. You may have to resolve the problem by even uninstalling and reinstalling the firewall.
5) Check your IP address assignments and workgroup settings in the computer for accuracy. Statically assign IPs to the computers in your network.
6) Reset your TCP/IP stack by downloading and running WinsockXPFix.exe a Visual Basic program designed to fix corrupted TCP/IP issues, host file problems and a variety of other connectivity issues.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2012 | TP-LINK TLWR340G Wireless Router
Oct 10, 2009 | 2wire HomePortal® 1800HW Router...
Sep 26, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 07, 2009 | Dell Wireless 2350 Router
Jan 22, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Dec 30, 2008 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Nov 27, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jul 04, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
May 29, 2008 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Apr 07, 2008 | Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router W/4 Port...
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: