Question about HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
I have recently aquired a HP Pavilion ZD7000. The HDD has been replaced with a brand new HDD.
I now try yo use the XP install disk... it appears that the CD drive is not reading the disk.
The following occurs:
1. Switch on
2. Press F10 to enter Bios
3. Bios has flickering graphics (Known error)
4. Go to boot order
5. Boot order sees new drive
6. Change boot oder to CD Drive in first position
7. Press F10 to save config and boot
8. Boot passes through HP screen
9. Boot hangs on blank screen with flashing cursor in top left corner
10. every now and again 'No operating system found' slashes very briefly were cursor is...
11. laptop does not pass this point.
Can anyone help please...???
Try your old HDD in it and see if that works. If it does work then nothing is damaged except your DVD drive/Controller. Try putting the new HDD in another computer, installing windows then putting it back in the HP. If all else fails then flash the bios with an updated image and see if that rectifies the problem.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2012 | HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
Apr 20, 2011 | HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
Dec 10, 2010 | HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
Sep 05, 2010 | HP Pavilion N5415 Notebook
Dec 03, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Oct 08, 2009 | HP Refurbished PAVILION ZT1180 15 SXGA+...
Jun 23, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000t Notebook
Nov 07, 2008 | PC Laptops
Apr 17, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv2000t 14.1" Notebook Laptop...
Dec 31, 2009 | HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
333 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!