Question about HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
I have recently aquired a HP Pavilion ZD7000. The HDD has been replaced with a brand new HDD.
I now try yo use the XP install disk... it appears that the CD drive is not reading the disk.
The following occurs:
1. Switch on
2. Press F10 to enter Bios
3. Bios has flickering graphics (Known error)
4. Go to boot order
5. Boot order sees new drive
6. Change boot oder to CD Drive in first position
7. Press F10 to save config and boot
8. Boot passes through HP screen
9. Boot hangs on blank screen with flashing cursor in top left corner
10. every now and again 'No operating system found' slashes very briefly were cursor is...
11. laptop does not pass this point.
Can anyone help please...???
Try your old HDD in it and see if that works. If it does work then nothing is damaged except your DVD drive/Controller. Try putting the new HDD in another computer, installing windows then putting it back in the HP. If all else fails then flash the bios with an updated image and see if that rectifies the problem.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2012 | HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
May 23, 2017 | HP Pavilion A642n (PE544A) PC Desktop
Dec 10, 2010 | HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
Aug 04, 2010 | HP 336084-6C0 - HP Pavilion zd7000...
May 17, 2010 | HP Pavilion zd7000 zx5000 zv5000 presario...
Jun 13, 2009 | HP Pavilion zd7000 zx5000 zv5000 presario...
Nov 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 31, 2009 | HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
336 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!