Question about OKI C5400 Laser Printer
Currnently the DHCP router in my house will assign a dynamic ip address to the printer. however when there is a power outage, etc then the printer will be assigned automatically with a new ip address. this will then cause problems as all the pcs that are trying to print to this printer will no longer be able to find the printer. hv to reset the ip address in the pcs to point to the new ip address. this gets really cumbersome. anyone has any idea how to assign a static ip address within the printer?
I found this post via Google trying to solve the similar problem with C3200n.
>> this will then cause problems as all the pcs that are trying to print to this
>> printer will no longer be able to find the printer.
Originally, I also had this problem (with C200n, but it is probably similar). If I recall correctly, I solved it as follows:
1. Open the OKI LPR UTILITY from the machine you are trying to print from.
2. Choose Option > Setup
3. Make sure that the Auto Reconnect checkbox is checked.
Again, I believe that is what I did to solve that I couldn't print after power outages etc. The IP is not static, but it still solves the problem.
Today I wanted a static IP for my OKI C3200n because sometimes there would be conflict between the IP for my printer and another machine in the house with a static IP.
What I did was the following.
1. In the printer menu locate the NETWORK MENU
2. Go to the IP ADDRESS SET option, change from AUTO to MANUAL
3. Go to the IP ADDRESS OPTION, change to the desired ip address. In my case it was at 10.0.0.5, but I wanted 10.0.0.6 for the printer, so I changed it to that. Typically this is either 10.0.x.x or 192.168.x.x
4. Press the online button. The printer will reset the network connection (it took approx 1 minute)
5. This should be enough. You can try to ping the printer at the new IP, or navigate to the new IP in your browser:
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2017 | GE Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 10, 2017 | PRINTER Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 09, 2017 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 28, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 07, 2015 | Samsung Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 17, 2015 | Samsung Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 02, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 07, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP230 Multifunction color...
Jun 21, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 18, 2008 | Samsung ML 1610 Laser Printer
980 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!