I updated my software package and now my phone keyboard does not work and when I call from my contact list and then have it show the keyboard, keyboard is messed up...Help
To perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using the application loader tool
Before proceeding, make sure that the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software is installed on the desktop computer.
The following procedure will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the BlackBerry smartphone data before proceeding
1) Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
2)Double-click Application Loader.
3)Click Next to start the installation process.
4)Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
5) Select the check boxes next to the names of the applications to be loaded, and then click Next.
6) Click Settings, and then select the check boxes beside Delete all application data and Erase all currently installed applications.
7) Clear the check box next to Backup up device data automatically during the installation process.
8) Click Ok > Next > Finish.
9) When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
To perform a clean installation of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 to 4.3, complete the steps 1-5 above and then proceed with the following:
1) Click Advanced , and then select the check boxes beside Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications
2) Click Next.
3) Select the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process (if prompted).
4) Clear the check box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly (if prompted).
5) Click Next > Finish.
To perform a web-based BlackBerry Device Software update, complete the following steps:
1) Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB connection.
2) On the computer, navigate to the Blackberry Device Software Updates web site.
3) Click Check for Updates.
4)If the Application Loader tool is not installed on the computer, complete the following steps:
A) In the File Download - Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
B) In the Internet Explorer - Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
C) When prompted, restart the computer.
D) On the computer, navigate to the Blackberry Device Software Updates web site.
5) Click Check for Updates.
6) In the Device connection dialog box, type the password for the BlackBerry smartphone.
7) Click OK.
8) Complete the instructions on the screen to perform an available BlackBerry Device Software update.
Nov 05, 2009 |
RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone