Need help to solve this error message. The printer was turned on with "Data Error Press Set Key" Message and alarm indicator flashing. After pressing all buttons, the 'set' key was later found to be on the numeric key "5". It seems that due to this error, the key functions were automatically misprogrammed. The Menu was set to key '+' instead of 'Menu' key. The Additional Functions was set to 'Directory" key. The Stop/Reset to numeric key '4'. The On/Off to key '#'....etc...etc. Moreover my pc couldn't recognise the printer any longer.
Any suggestions or clues to solve this problem is great appreciated. Thx.
Re: Canon MP390 - "Data Error Press Set Key" Message
In this case, insert a power cord while pressing the COPY button, and then press the START button.
This will make key assignment performed normally.
After that, please proceed with the shipping setting, referring to Shipping Setting Procedures.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Press the "Additional Functions" key. 2) Press the "#" key. 3) Press > to the "#7" printer function. 4) Press the "Set" key. 5) Press > to the "#4 Printer Reset". 6) Press "Set". 7) Press 8) Unplug printer, plug it back in, and turn it on.
Canon's a little shady when it comes to this, since any waste ink pad I've seen never has been more than 30-40% full. You can reset that status without cleaning the waste ink out and the printer should return to normal.
1) On the printer, press Additional Functions, Scan, Copy, Scan. This will put you in service mode.
2) Select Test mode at the bottom
#8 Printer Test, wait for more options. It should say 8-2 or 8-3; push the + or -
button until it says 8-3 then hit Select. The menu will now say EEPRON Clear
4) Select Ink count which is option (0) and press set
5) Press Stop/Reset, then the power button and wait for it to restart.
Always it show the error messages like this then go to the authorised service centre they will do the needful you guys cannot do it yourself were are not here to do any free service as such in many issues.
1. Press ?additional functions? key.
2. Press ?#? key.
3. Press the ?>? key until you get to number 7.
4. Press ?Set?.
5. Press ?>? key until you get to number 4 (printer reset).
6. Press ?Set?.
7. Select ?yes? if in a fuser error.
If this does not work, you will probably need a new fuser unit.