The b, n, /, space bar, down, right & left arrow keys don't work all the time. They work intermittantly if you hold the key down for awhile. I have hooked up an external keyboard and they all work fine. The sound and battery icon do not show in the system tray like they use to. Any solutions??
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Many computer users spend long hours online every day and don\'t realize that looking at a bright laptop screen can be hard for the eyes. If you spend a lot of time in front of a laptop screen, consider reducing the brightness of the screen at the earliest opportunity. There\'s a quick and easy way to perform this task so you can save your eyes as well as your battery power.
Press and hold the "Fn" key on the laptop keyboard. T his key is usually located at the top right or bottom left of the keyboard. Press the "Up Arrow" and "Down Arrow" keys, which are usually located in the lower right of the keyboard, to increase or reduce the brightness of your laptop screen. Adjust the level so that you can gaze comfortably at the screen without any glare. Disconnect the battery charger from your laptop and repeat the above procedure. On some laptops, the screen brightness varies considerably, depending on whether or not the device is charged.
As you said that the Right and left buttons are not working as well as the space bar, then it could be the issues with some dust particle inside the keyboard. Try to clean it. Try to use it hope it will work , but in case it don't work then you need to replace the Keyboard.
In case if you have any more trouble do contact back in Fixya. Thank you
The enter button will be located to the right of your keyboard. under back space and above shift. The enter key will have an arrow pointing left on it. Usually 3rd button down at the far right of keyboard.
Most of the time their are multiple ways to do this.
1. On the speaker in the lower right hand corner left click and a volume bar appears. Slide it up and down. It should be adjust to 75% IMO.
2. On your keys there should be symbols that look like speakers that should match the color of you "fn" key. Press and hold the fn key and then press the corresponding speaker key to increase or decrease the volume.
3. There may be a rotary volume control on the front of the laptop case. It's as simple as turning it to increase or decrease it.
On the volume bar in windows verify that the muted in unchecked.
I had the exact same problem and contacted Dell support. They sent a tech to swap out just the keyboard. I have a feeling these keyboards are not of the highest quality as I do have some issues with the Ctrl key now. But it's much less annoying than the broken spacebar.