Question about Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
After reading ajkill's solution I was initially annoyed to discover that the "form feed" bottom does not exist on my MP470, in fact I couldn't find any sort of feed button at all. But reading on I decided to try his suggesting of trying to force feed an envelope through (i used one of those 4x6 vanilla envelopes) It wouldn't go through at all. When I went to pull it out to try to feed it through the reverse way out popped this button that was stuck in there causing the jam. Don't ask me how a button ended up in there all I know is my printer works again.
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
Please follow the instruction given below ...
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Mar 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 31, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Jan 27, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Jan 04, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Jul 08, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP600 Printer
Feb 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Nov 14, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 09, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Mar 21, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
625 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!