Question about Kohler K-10416-BN Fort½ Single Control Kitchen Faucet with Side Spray...
I am trying to replace the o'rings and spout bearings to fix a leak (from just under the bonnet above the spout). Kohler instructions ask me to pull the spout to remove it from the body and expose the o'rings. However, regardless of how hard I try, the spout refuses to pull out. What can I do to solve the problem?
Going by the diagram shown on this Kohler website,
I have removed everything shown above the spout. Also, I am following Kohler's service kit instructions reproduced below:
1. Turn off water supply
2. Remove handle from faucet
3. Turn bonnet counterclockwise to remove from valve
4. Hold the base of the spout and pull up to remove spout from body
** THIS IS WHERE I AM STUCK **
5. Note the location of the bearings and O-rings on the body
6. Remove and discard existing bearings and O-rings
7. Using silicone lubricant provided, lubricate the new bearings and O-rings
8. Place the new bearing(s) and O-rings on the body in the same location as previously installed.
9. Reassemble the spout onto the body
10. Reinstall the bonnet
11. Align underside of handle with valve stem, then gently slide the handle into the valve system.
12. Secure the handle to the faucet
13. Turn on water supply. Check for proper operation.
I hope I am not missing something obvious.
Thanks for your help!
They just pull out, sometimes things get stuck and I cant get them lose as a plumber and you just have to buy a new one...dont feel bad
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2012 | Moen Monticello Single-Handle Kitchen...
May 22, 2011 | Kohler Plumbing
Feb 21, 2011 | Kohler Forte Single Control Kitchen Sink...
Jan 28, 2011 | Kohler K-16109-4-CP Revival Kitchen Sink...
Oct 22, 2009 | Plumbing
Oct 17, 2009 | Kohler Fairfax Single Control Lavatory...
Apr 07, 2009 | Plumbing
Mar 30, 2009 | Plumbing
Jan 31, 2009 | Kohler K-10416-BN Fort½ Single Control...
Jan 31, 2009 | American Standard Kitchen Faucet 6310 020...
2,343 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: