An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
Re: Belkin G plus mimo
Hi never ever disable nat on your router as that is the one which gives ip address to computer , x-box etc. You can make your x-box live work by just opening some ports
1. open rsp by typing in 192.168.2.1
2. On the left hand side under firewall you"ll find virtual servers
3. Click on that --- You"ll find some fields then check on enable for 1,2,3(ie three rows)
4.Description - x-box for all three
5.Inbound Port: 88-88 ,connection type : udp ,private port : 88-88 for the first row
6. Inbound port : 3074-3074 , connection type : udp , private port : 3074-3074 for second row
7. Inbound Port : 3074-3074 ,connection type : tcp , private port : 3074-3074
8. As FOR the private ip address it is that of your x-box which you can find on the dash board of your x-box . Same for all three rows .
9. Best of luck And do rate me
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
yup....you can login to the router setup page by typing 192.168.23.1 in internet explorer...
on the left side you will find an option called firewall....click on that..it ll prompt for the password..(password: leave ot blank and click submit)
go ahead and disable it...
also click on DMZ on the left side of router setup page and enable it for the IP address assigned to the XBOX...
also get into virtual servers on left side and open common gaming ports like,
port 80 port 88 port 3074 port 53 port 443 for both tcp and udp....
in addition to that you need to open ports suggested by XBOX vendor...
thats it, you are done with that....as you open ports for xbox in virtual servers the particular ports for xbox gets bypassed from NAT...so you need not worry about NAT hereafter... also make sure that the modem provided by the ISP is not NAT enabled...if so ask the ISP to Bridge the modem,so that you would not face further issues with XBOX....