Question about SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
I'm unable to assume the exact problem with your mp3 player as you've bluntly said that the device is not working. Try the following steps and that should work. If not let me know:
SOLUTION 1 - Reset the device
- Resetting the Sansa View/Fuze
- Resetting the e200/c200 series
SOLUTION 2 - Reload and update to the latest firmware
STEP 1 - Enable MSC or Recovery mode
- Enable MSC mode on e200v2 / c200v2 / Fuze
- Force Recovery mode on e200v1 / c200v1 / e200R / View
STEP 2 - Update to the latest firmware
You may need to upload the firmware manually, there are instructions on the links below on how to manually update your firmware
- Sansa Fuze firmware update
- Sansa View firmware update
- Sansa e200 series firmware update
- Sansa c200 series firmware update
1. Make sure you Windows Media Player 11 (Goto Help --> About WMP --> v??) 2. If you do not have it, install it from this location: http://www.microsoft.com/mediaplayer 3. Change the Mode on Device: Go into Menu --> Settings --> USB Mode:Auto Detect/MTP/MSC 4. Select MSC and it should work. If it does not try Powercycling your device (turn it off and then turn it on). 5. Try other modes as well.
Keep the device in AutoDetect Mode and follow the instructions below:
i. Connect your Device
ii. Right click on My Computer and select Manage
iii. Select Device Manager
iv. At the right hand side look out for Portable devices and click on the + symbol to display your device
v. Right Click on the device and select Update Drivers
vi. Select 'No, not at this time' and click Next
vii. Select 'Install from a list or specific location' and then click Next
viii. Select 'Don't search, I'll choose the driver to install' and then click Next
ix. Select 'MTP Device' and then click Next. This should install the device and then should be ready for use
Posted on Feb 02, 2009
I HAVE A SANSA E280 I POD . BUT I LOST DEVICE DRIVER
HOW CAN I GET THAT?
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Dec 09, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Oct 10, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Aug 17, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Feb 06, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: