An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: cant connect printer to computer
If you computer does not have CD/DVD drive the you can install driver from your external harddrive (Pen drive etc).
just find one of you friend who has computer with cd drive then copy all files and folder into your external storage device and plug it in to your computer then install it.
you should be good to go now.
if even this is not possible then download driver from manufacturer websit in to your computer and install it.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
HP printers have come with an installation CD for as long as I can remember.
- Insert that CD into your computer,
- Start the installation (either via the auto start after you put the cd into your computer or manually browse to the setup file on the cd)
- Follow the steps of the installer and make sure you choose the correct options which apply to you.
The Attention light is flashing red.
Solution The printer requires attention. Try the following:
* If the printer is connected to a computer, check the computer screen for
* If you are printing a CD label on a CD/DVD, insert the CD/DVD holder in the
CD/DVD tray now.
* If you have a digital camera connected to the printer, check the camera screen
* If the printer is not connected to a computer, check for the following problems:
- Main cover open
- Out of paper
- Paper jam
- Print carriage jammed or stuck
- Print cartridge missing or inserted incorrectly
- Print cartridge tape not removed
- Incorrect print cartridge installed
- Packaging materials are not removed
* If you are unable to solve the problem by using the instructions above, turn off
the printer and unplug the printer power cord. Wait 10 seconds, and then plug
it in again. Turn on the printer.
You mean connect printer to computer . Before connecting the cables , insert the install disc in the computer drive and follow instructions . When installation os software/driver is completed , connect the USB cable to computer and printer and power cord from printer to AC plot . Press the power button and wait for Windows to confirm installation is successfull . You can now use yoiur printer . Best regards , fanaudi .
Hi, this is how to setup your printer on your computer; -You should have the printer cable which is working and the installation CD that came with the printer. -Insert the CD into the computer and open the icon named setup and follow the on-screen menu. -After the setup is complete, connect the printer and power it on for it to install -If it connects you are done , if not check the cable connections and make sure it displays on the printers and hardware part. You can check this by clicking start and pointing mouse to that icon on windowsxp.
It is always good to print test page after installation.Good luck.
NOTE: To ensure that the software is installed correctly, do notconnect the USB cable until it prompts you to connect it
Insert the green Windows CD into the computer after it has been turned on and started up.
Once the USB prompt appears, connect the USB cable to the port on the back of the HP All-in-One, and then to any USB port on the computer.
1. Lower both the paper and the print cartridge door. 2. Connect the power cord and adapter. 3. Press ( On button). 4. Open the print cartridge door. Make sure the print carriage moves to the center. 5. Remove the tape from both cartridges. 6. a. Hold the cartridges with the HP logo on top. b. Insert tri-color cartridge in the left cartridge slot and the black cartridge in the right cartridge slot . Make sure you push the cartridges in firmly until they snap into place .
7. Close the print cartridge door. IMPORTANT: Wait a few minutes while the alignment page is printed automatically.
8. After the alignment page is printed, place it face down on the glass as shown in the picture. Close the lid.
Kindly insert the
PROGRAM CD in the CD ROM drive and auto run the aplication CD without
connecting the printer,in few minutes of installation progress you will
get alert to connect the printer and then printer is configured by OS
Above is the normal procedure, very minute but technical tip is to
connect the printer first and insert program CD for printer in the ROM
drive and open device manager and scan for hardware changes ,you will
get alert on task bar that new hardware is found and new window for
device installation ,click continue with browsing file path for CD in
drive and continue installation ,in next few minutes your device shall
be ready to use.
In case there is problem with installation with CD kindly go to manufacturers website and download windows compatible drivers.
For Safe Computing Kindly keep your antivirus updated and firewall is on.
Thanks And Regards Kindly rate this solution
@Shakthi_v770: His computer does not have a cd-rom drive. It's a netbook! Furthermore, what if the printer in question was an older model with parallel interface? You can't just assume everything is plug-n-play. You need to ask some relevant questions first.
At nigellongsta: What kind of printer do you want to connect? Please provide the manufacturer and model of the printer
if you had the printer before using the USB cable. then you changed it to wireless, try the ff:
1. re-insert the CD the came with the box, the cd that you used to install the printer Software to your computer.
2. after inserting the cd, it will give you option "add a device".
3. click on that to install the printer driver for WIRELESS.
note: the reason why you cant print, is mainly because the printer driver you have is still for USB connection. so inorder for you to be able to print, you need to install a printer DRIVER for wireless... That should WORK..