Question about Apple 15" PowerBook G4 Aluminum 1.67 GHz LCD Display (p/n 1002587) (661-3749 1002587) Mac Notebook
It keep's saying adminisstrator password i don't know it i know masterword but lost password
Instructions for the Mac OS X Password Recovery.
Although there’s no real way to recover a lost root password, you can change the root password even if you do not know the current one. You must have physical access to the machine in order to accomplish this task.
1. Click Restart at the login window
2. While the computer is restarting, hold down “Command-S” until you see text scrolling through the window. This boots the computer into single user mode.
3. At the Localhost% prompt type:
/sbin/mount -uw /
You will then see various services starting up.
4. When the Localhost% prompt reappears, type:
It will then ask you to type the new root password twice, so do so.
(Though I’ve not tried it, it appears you can type niutil -list . /users to get a list if users if you do not know the username….if someone wants to verify this, I would be most appreciative).
5. After entering the new password, type:
6. At the login window, enter the username with the new password. Once you are logged in, you can use the Multiple Users application (/Applications/Utilities) to change your user’s password, or create a new user account.
Note: this may not work for newer versions of OS X; I think they did something about it in a security update. I hope this helps you with Macintosh password recovery.
Note: give some times between tasks, Follow to the letter.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2016 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Feb 23, 2014 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Dec 16, 2011 | Apple PowerBook G3 Mac Notebook
Mar 05, 2010 | Apple Powerbook G4 17" 1.67 GHz SuperDrive...
Nov 03, 2009 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Oct 07, 2009 | Apple PowerBook G3 Mac Notebook
Sep 19, 2009 | Apple MacBook Air
Jul 24, 2009 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Nov 19, 2007 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: