Question about HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Hy how can ispeedup my win vista
I know of a few ways to speed up Vista short of buying more stuff to jam in your computer.
1) Download PC Decrapifier. it scans your startup folder for unneeded programs vista loads you with and removes them. http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/download
2) Tweak your power settings. If you are running on a laptop or desktop you can access the power settings in the task bar and there is an option to change the power settings. Change it to "High Performance" Just click the power icon in the task bar and a small window will pop up asking you what to do.
3) Get rid of programs. Uninstall any programs that YOU installed and don't use. ** I would not suggest uninstalling any other programs for risk of messing up your computer.
4) Defragment your hard drive. Go into "My Computer", right-click your "C" drive and click properties. Now go into the tools tab and click the "Defragment" option. Then just run the defragmentor. It will take some time so I would suggest running it overnight.
4) Empty your recycle bin. There should be an icon on the desktop of the recycle bin. Just right click it and click "Empty Recycle Bin."
5) Disable convenience features. Disable things like the sidebar and windows messenger at startup. These are convenient but they take up more memory.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
Install more RAM. it probably only comes from the factory with 1 gb of installed RAM. if you go to this link http://configurator.pny.com/staples/ you can figure out what kind of RAM you need and how much it costs and how much you can expand it to. If you need help installing it let me know :D
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2013 | HP Pavillion s7420n PC Desktop
Feb 05, 2013 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP G62 Notebook
Nov 07, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 02, 2010 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Mar 04, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Mar 01, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Oct 24, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 (68C-00001)...
May 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!