a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The error clearly says that the application is having problem so it couldn't be opened or run. Your only option to repair the Yahoo! Messenger or to re-install it (both a more or less similar). First of all, download the yahoo messenger and then install it, once everything is done correctly, it should work properly.
Please follow this LINK for the instructions on how to download and install it. Let me know if you need further help.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Try to remove yahoo messenger and re-install it again.
If you can't uninstall it try this:
1) Log out of Yahoo Messenger and close yahoo messenger completely [ it should not be running under task manager as a process ].
2) Open Start Menu >> Control Panel.
3) Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
4) Locate Yahoo Messenger in Add or Remove Programs.
5) Click Change/Remove button.
6) Restart your computer, if it doesn't restart it automatically.
7) Open Yahoo folder in Program Files (C:\Program Files\Yahoo) and delete it.
8) Open registry through Start Menu >> Run and type regedit now navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ registry entry, delete Yahoo, and exit the Registry.
If the above method does not work for you, try the following methods to solve the problem.
1. Open Program Files >> Yahoo Messenger and find the file UNWISE.exe file. Double click this to run it. This will un install yahoo messenger.
1. Reboot your computer. 2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. This will bring up the Windows Security window. Click the "Task Manager" button and then click the "Task Manager" tab. 3. You will see a list of files/applications. These are the applications running in the background on your system, whether they show on your taskbar or not. Any one of these applications could be causing a conflict with the Yahoo! Messenger installation. 4. Click the top item on the list to highlight it. Then hold the "Shift" key down and click the last item on the list. This should highlight the whole list. 5. Click the "End Task" button. This will temporarily close all background applications on your system. 6. Click the "X" in the upper right corner to close the Task Manager window. 7. Install Yahoo! Messenger. You should not experience the same issue that you had before. 8. After Yahoo! Messenger is installed,run registry cleaner reginout also reboot your system. All other background applications will return to their original configurations.
I'm having the same problem, not quite sure whether it is happending due to upgrade to IE 8 or Windows Installer 4.5 installation. Cleanup and re-install of Yahoo Messenger 10 won't help. The YahooMessenger.exe fails to initialize right during the installation process.
Hi! This error code relates mainly due to your action due to upgrade / re-install / repair of windows XP and to avoid this reinstall XP SP1a [service pack 1a] and immediately restart the system. have fine in all applications
you might have installed third-party plug-ins, audibles or emoticons on your yahoo messenger. these programs are automatically loaded everytime yahoo messenger starts. they work fine, not until you reinstall yahoo messenger or upgrade it to a newer version causing an internal error when they are loaded. first, remove/uninstall all these programs from the add/remove programs in the control panel, be very careful when doing so and be very sure of what you are removing. then uninstall yahoo messenger. if error still occurs during the uninstallation process, you haven't removed every program/emoticons/plugins connected to your yahoo messenger. when uninstallation is successful, restart your computer and then delete the yahoo messenger folder in the programs folder on your system hard drive. then you can reinstall yahoo messenger before adding/installing your emoticons or plug ins again.