Question about Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
How to Remove My Web Search.
Download and run,Highjack this from here and save to your desktop
Uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder
7) Right-click and delete the folders for:
9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.
Please rate this a fixya
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
Hey dear its a virus, luckily your antivirus has already removed it from your pc. one trace is remains in registry which will try to load it on startup.
Ok, do the following step and get rid of it.
Open Run , type regedit and press enter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon
and check for the key Shell, the value of this must be Explorer.exe . if you can see some other after that like Explorer.exe C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\2.bin... , then remove the second file from the value, means it must only Explorer.exe
Ok, then check for the key Userinit. the value must be C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe, (including the comma) . If after that some thing is there , then delete it.
Ok thats all. restart your system
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
When i start up my vista i get this message and my laptop is very slow C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\6.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL please help me. thank you Delphine
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Sep 16, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Aug 04, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jun 07, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Mar 31, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Oct 24, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Oct 12, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Sep 17, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
700 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: