Question about Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
How to Remove My Web Search.
Download and run,Highjack this from here and save to your desktop
Uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder
7) Right-click and delete the folders for:
9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.
Please rate this a fixya
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
Hey dear its a virus, luckily your antivirus has already removed it from your pc. one trace is remains in registry which will try to load it on startup.
Ok, do the following step and get rid of it.
Open Run , type regedit and press enter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon
and check for the key Shell, the value of this must be Explorer.exe . if you can see some other after that like Explorer.exe C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\2.bin... , then remove the second file from the value, means it must only Explorer.exe
Ok, then check for the key Userinit. the value must be C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe, (including the comma) . If after that some thing is there , then delete it.
Ok thats all. restart your system
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
When i start up my vista i get this message and my laptop is very slow C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\6.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL please help me. thank you Delphine
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Nov 13, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Jul 14, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Jun 30, 2009 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor...
Jun 07, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jan 02, 2009 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Oct 24, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Sep 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
702 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: