Question about Cell Phones
Want to change the tone you hear when you get an SMS, MMS, or IM? Want to change the ringer for the phone? Follow these directions to edit the Profiles area on the device:
1. Select the Profiles icon
2. A box will appear where you can quick select between Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only, and Off. If you wish to quick change the device profiles then select the one you want and exit out.
3. If you want to edit the tones assigned to the device applications then select the last option, Advanced
(some older models and OS 4.1 and below will not have the "Advanced" step--if Advanced is not present go directly to Step 4 below).
4. Select the profile you wish to edit. (Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal (default), Phone Only, Off)
Note: on the 8100, 8800, and 8300 models: Do not click the trackball. Instead, click the menu key to the left of the trackball).
Note: The profile that is in use will say: (Active)
5. You will now see a list of all applications that can have a tone assigned (Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, Messages (email@example.com), Messenger, MMS, Phone, SMS, Task ect..)
6. Select the application you wish to edit the tone / notification for
7. You can now edit Out of Holster and In Holster tones/ notifications.
a) Select between: None, Tone, Vibrate, Vibrate+Tone
b) Select the Tune you wish to use
c) Select Volume (options are Mute, Low, Medium, High, Escalating)
d) Select Number of Beeps (options are 1, 2, 3)
e) Select Repeat Notification (options are None, LED Flashing)
f) If set to Vibrate or Vibrate+Tone then select Number of Vibrations (options are 1, 2, 3)
8. Repeat a-e for each of the desired applications listed in 5 above
Good luck. If this helps you plz rate this. Thank you kindly.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry 8700g Smartphone
Jun 11, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry? Tour 9630 Smartphone
Jan 09, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
Nov 14, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
Jul 27, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
Jun 16, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
Mar 13, 2008 | Cell Phones
348 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!