- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To get to the recovery partition on your Compaq Armada M700, turn on the notebook and press F11 repeatedly until "Windows is loading files..." displays on the screen. Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
If your notebook originally came with Windows XP or an earlier version of Windows, try pressing F10 to enter recovery instead of F11.
To verify whether it's a no POST issue, press NUM LOCK or CAPS LOCK key and check whether the CAPS LOCK or NUM LOCK lights are lit or changes when you press on it. If it doesn't then it's a No POST problem.
However, if the computer screen shows the HP logo or a display then it's POSTING and is experiencing a No BOOT issue.
If the NUM LOCK or CAPS LOCK responds when you press it but there is no display, check the connection between the monitor and the CHASSIS or CPU.
If you have verified that it's a No POST issue because CAPS lock is not responding, you need to open up the chassis to do a troubleshooting procedure. Be sure to unplug the chassis to all the connections especially the power cord. Drain the power by pressing and holding the power button from 8-10 seconds.
Here are the things that you need to do after you open up the chassis. 1. Reset the Memory sticks. Connect the CHassis to the power and monitor. If no go, try turning on the computer without the memory sticks. The aim of this troubleshooting is to see a display on the screen. Any display would be a good sign. If no go. Put the memory stick back in.
2. Remove the CD drive. Turn on the computer, check for development. If no go, proceed to step 3. Just leave the cd drive removed
3. Do the same thing with the other devices like the hard drive and other devices inside. Your aim is to see a display.
Let me know if what happens and I'll get back to you.
Once you see a display. Let me know by replying to this thread.
1) When you power on ur pc?? do you get any display in beginning or when windows starts ti gones black.
2)If no display from the beginning??? try pressing caps or num lock key and see whether led on keyboards are blinks or not?
3)Do you get any beep sound when you try to power on??