Question about Troy Bilt, Tuffy, Rear - Tine Tiller, 4.0 Tecumseh Engine
I have a 8 hp tecumseh snow blower when running at full power it blows crank oil out of a breather tube next to carb any ideas
You either have a head gasket going bad or your piston rings are shot which causes air to go down into the crankcase building up pressure which exits through the breather tube.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2014 | Power Tillers & Cultivators
Jan 22, 2014 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
Jan 04, 2014 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
Oct 14, 2013 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
Sep 08, 2013 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
Mar 23, 2013 | Power Tillers & Cultivators
Feb 23, 2012 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
May 15, 2011 | Mantis 4-Cycle Tiller
BREATHER PASSING OIL
1. Check the oil level, make sure the engine is not overfilled. Also verify that the viscosity rating on the container of
the oil being used is to specification.
2. Check the angle of operation. Avoid prolonged use at a severe angle.
3. Check the engine R.P.M. setting for excessive R.P.M. using a vibratach or other tachometer and compare it to the
R.P.M. settings found on microfiche card # 30 according to the engine model and specification number. Adjust the
high and low R.P.M. as necessary.
4. Check for leaking or damaged gaskets, seals, or "O"-rings. External leaks may not be evident; however, the leak
may prevent the engine from achieving a partial crankcase vacuum.
5. Check the breather for damage, dirty condition, or improper installation. The oil return hole(s) must face down.
6. Check the engine compression using a compression tester. If the engine has weak compression, determine the
cause of weak compression: worn rings, leaking head gasket, or leaking valves. Follow the compression tester's
I can help more... the engine number you passed did not cross.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Jan 25, 2011 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
638 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: