Question about Craftsman 16" High Garden Tractor Snow and Dozer Blade
I have a 8 horse tecumseh snowblower moter during operation it blows oil out of a breather tube next to the carb any help
A little blow by is normal. Make sure the oil level is correct. If there is excessive blow by, then check the reed valve under the valve cover. It may be damaged or loose.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2014 | Garden
Jan 22, 2014 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
Mar 09, 2013 | Tecumseh Enduro Vertical Engine 16 HP 1in...
BREATHER PASSING OIL
1. Check the oil level, make sure the engine is not overfilled. Also verify that the viscosity rating on the container of
the oil being used is to specification.
2. Check the angle of operation. Avoid prolonged use at a severe angle.
3. Check the engine R.P.M. setting for excessive R.P.M. using a vibratach or other tachometer and compare it to the
R.P.M. settings found on microfiche card # 30 according to the engine model and specification number. Adjust the
high and low R.P.M. as necessary.
4. Check for leaking or damaged gaskets, seals, or "O"-rings. External leaks may not be evident; however, the leak
may prevent the engine from achieving a partial crankcase vacuum.
5. Check the breather for damage, dirty condition, or improper installation. The oil return hole(s) must face down.
6. Check the engine compression using a compression tester. If the engine has weak compression, determine the
cause of weak compression: worn rings, leaking head gasket, or leaking valves. Follow the compression tester's
I can help more... the engine number you passed did not cross.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Jan 25, 2011 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
Jan 16, 2011 | Tecumseh Horizontal Tiller Engine 8 Hp, 1"...
Jan 04, 2009 | Craftsman 4 Cycle Blower/Vac
468 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: