Question about Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4) Router (1010835)
Our wireless is being used by our neighbors. How can we prevent this?
HI peggy try these steps
1. Open your router setup page (rsp) by typing in 192.168.2.1. from your base computer (one which is wired)
2. On the left hand side under wireless on rsp you"ll find security
3. Click on that ------ You"ll see drop down menu
4. Select preferrably 64 bit wep or Wpa -psk no server
5. just type in 10 digit no in key 1 in case of 64 wep or pre shared key in wpa psk no server and click apply changes .
6.IMP : PLz remember your password 10 digit no or shared key
7. Disconnect your wireless
8. Reconnect ---- you"ll see it prompting for a password
9. enter password ---- router secured
10. RE: use only base computer to do these setting otherwise connection will drop
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
On some routers, you can use your computer to make a security code on the router. once that is done, they cant use it unless they find out the security code
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2015 | Android Cell Phones
on Mar 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 09, 2014 | Linksys By Cisco E2500 DualBand WirelessN...
Jan 22, 2013 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Jul 13, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jan 13, 2011 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Apr 03, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Sep 21, 2009 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Nov 19, 2007 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: