Here are the instructions that came with the cooker:
Cooking times may vary due to variations in microwave ovens. Adjust cooking times for best results in your oven.
To Cook Rice:
1. Remove basket.
2. Pour 1 cup of uncooked rice into the bottom of the basket, rinse rice thoroughly with cold water.
3. Transfer the rinsed rice from the basket to the bottom of the cooker.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 tsp salt (salt is optional).
5. Secure lid and lock clamps. Open vent holes.
6. Microwave on medium setting (50%) for 10 - 12 minutes (white rice) or 18-20 (brown rice).
7. Remove from microwave, close vent holes and let stand with the lid fastened for 4-5 minutes (the steam continues to cook the rice.)
8. Remove rice from the cooker and fluff with a fork.
Yields: 3 cups of cooked rice or 4 to 6 servings.
Cooking Potatoes and Vegetables:
1. Insert Basket.
2. Pour one cup of water plus 1/4 tsp. salt into the bottom of the cooker.
3. Peel vegetables (if desired), cut into evenly sized pieces and place inside basket.
4. Secure lid and lock clamps. Close vent holes.
5. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove from microwave and let stand with lid fastened for 3-4 minutes (the steam continues to cook the vegetables.)
1. Remove basket and lid (lid not used initially for preparing pasta inside the microwave).
2. Pour 2 cups (5 oz.) of uncooked noodles into the bottom of the cooker.
3. Add 2 1/2 cups water.
4. Microwave on high setting 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave, stir noodles, secure lid and lock clamps. Close vent holes. Let stand for 3-4 minutes.
Sep 01, 2008 |
Nordic Ware 64000 8-Cup Rice Cooker