- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You may have killed the magnetron but you may not have either. If you can take that cover plate off, you may find that there is grease build up behind it and that needs to be cleaned off. Grease can build up there without you even realizing it and after a while it can catch fire from the heat created by the magnetron. You should never put any empty plate or container in a microwave because the magnetron needs to have something for the waves to hit. Hope this helps.
Yeah a kind of. If the wave cover plate is only went bad(A rectangular plate inside the food chamber). If you have little idea how to use voltmeter then only you can try to fix it.Otherwise,without any experience it is very risky. First check the magnetron which produce microvave.(check two terminal resistance in isolated sysem).MAKE SURE YOU DISCHARGE CAPACITOR FIRST .MICRVAVE CONTAINS 5000V IN IT.
If magnetron is good then just clean the wave guide and replace the rectangular plate(wave cover).
Yes, take the rack out and recycle it. I do not know why these micro-wave
company put racks in the micro wave ovens. You get some insulation on the inside
the micro flaking off next the rack.
The mega-tron tube is a very high energy transmitter. The energy will come
out of the top inside the micro wave oven in a wave guide. Micro wave energy
that generation by the tube is high frequency into Gega Hertz. You have a metal
tray in side the micro wave acts like a big capacitor it stores energy in form
of heat the next you know it look like Marconi is putting on a lighting
Leave the wire tie on a loft of bread and put in you micro wave oven to
defrost. The next thing you might see is a load bread burning, instant toast.
----The use of micro wave were invented by the British before WWII. The mega
tron tube generation very high frequency radio wave and these wave struck an
object 100 miles away some of this beam energy would balance back to a
receiver-----You have Radar.... I wish you and your family well being and be
careful of micro wave ovens it can burn from inside out. GB you...stewbison
on the bottom of the micro underneath the shield there is a small moter for turning the plate.. also if the plate and roller are not centerd correctly it will not turn ,.. remove the plate and balence a glass on the triangle in the center of the micro shut door and start micro observe if turning ..also some micros have a button selection on the control to reverse the micro plate rotation and stop it --check these things and get back to me..
Q - The microwave display counts down and the inside light is on, but nothing is heating and the fan is not running. A - This most commonly is abad door switch, other possible problems are a faulty relay or solder joint on the power module, but a bad door switch is most common. Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not heat up anything. A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay..... Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food? A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section.