Question about HP PSC 1610v All-in-One Printer
The paper is loaded and when I push print it sys no paper....does not seem to
want to grab it at all.....
The feed roller was turning but the paper wasn't moving and so I kept
getting an "out of paper message." The paper was actually getting
caught on a small black piece in the back of the printer. I removed the
black piece and the paper start to feed fine.
Remove the back access door (it just pops out... no screwdriver required). The black guide piece (2nd from left) is about the size of my little toe after I took it out. Use a flat head screw driver to pop it out... that should leave 3 black guide pieces left. Put the access door back on the printer and the problem should be solved.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Try these steps and check if this did not then there a hard ware problem with the printer , rollers are not functioning in the printer:
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2017 | Fellowes Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 09, 2017 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 18, 2014 | Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Wireless Color...
Dec 24, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 17, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 18, 2008 | Samsung ML 1610 Laser Printer
Oct 24, 2008 | OKI C5100n Laser Printer
Feb 11, 2008 | Samsung ML 1610 Laser Printer
175 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!