I have changed both Cartridges on my AIO 924 but every time I try to print a get a message that the reserve tank for my Black ink is low. If I click on continue, I get the message that both my cartridges are almost out of Ink.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Resetting the Ink Counter When an ink tank is replaced, the ink counter must be reset. The low ink warning is only displayed properly if the ink counter is reset.
Message Prompting Confirmation of Ink Tank Replacement If an ink tank is removed, the printer will output a message prompting you to confirm replacement of the ink tank at the start of the next print job. When an ink tank has been replaced, follow the procedure below to reset the ink counter. The low ink warning is only displayed properly if the ink counter is reset. Important If infrared communication is performed in Windows XP or Windows 2000, the printer will not output the message asking for confirmation of ink tank replacement. Reset the ink counter from the printer driver when you replace the ink tank.
1 Check the message, and click Yes.
Note Mistakenly clicking No instead, will prevent the low ink warning from functioning properly. If this happens, be sure to open the driver's Properties dialog box and manually reset the ink tank counter in the Maintenance tab.
2 Select the replaced ink tank, and click OK. The dialog box allows you to select the replaced ink tank. When both black and color ink tanks have been replaced, select both Black and Color. If you have not replaced the ink tank with a new one, click Cancel.
Resetting the Ink Counter in Printer Properties dialog box
1 Open the Printer Properties dialog box and click the Maintenance tab. 2 Click Ink Counter Reset. 3 Select the newly installed ink tank, then click OK
I've had this problem too. The only way to make the message go away is to buy the ink from Dell. Although generic ink cartriges will work the printer will not/can not reset the "low ink" message unless you buy the cartriges directly from Dell. So you can use another brand, but you'll just have to overide the low ink message when it pops up by telling it to continue printing. Then you can tell when the ink is low by seeing it when it prints out.
Hmmm....that sounds to be an issue with the ink cartridges...
You might be using ink cartridges purchased other than Dell or Staples...since these are the two who sell Dell Ink.
If thats not true, then take out both the cartridges in the printer.
Lets isolate the issue
1. Try only Black cartridge on Color slot(right). If you get Install both ink cartridges error, then its an issue with the Black ink cartridges and if you get message that install Black ink cartridge then its an issue with the prrinter.
2. Now install only color cartridge on Black cartridges slot(left), If you get color cartridge missing then its an issue with the Black cartridges which you are using and if you get install both ink cartridges then its an issue with the black slot on printer.
3. If issue found to be with Black ink cartridge then wipe the Nozzles(bottom) of the ink cartridge with lint free cotton cloth from back to front 5-6 times.
4. Also try replacing the ink cartridges purchased only from Dell or from Staples. Purchased from somewhere else or refilled might not work.
5. If issue found to be with printer, then i would suggest you to purchase new printer then.
Dell's proprietary grip on its printers causes this message to appear with any non-Dell or refilled cartridge. The messages/ink filled levels will only be reset if you buy a new Dell ink cartridge or have a way to update their encoding strip.
The good news is that you can still use refilled cartridges just minimize the level warnings to the task bar and ignore them when they come up. Everything should still print fine.
Hello, I found this in a repair manual for the MP830. summery is to press and hold the stop/reset button for 5 or more seconds. I copied the info from the manual too.
The remaining ink amount
 (Applicable ink tank icon)
The remaining level of the following ink cannot be
An ink tank which has once been empty is
installed. Replace the applicable ink tank with
a new one.
Printing with a once-empty or refilled ink
tank can damage the print head.
If printing is continued without replacing the
refilled ink tank, press the Stop/Reset button
for 5 sec. or longer to record the use of a
refilled ink tank.
After the above operation, the function to
detect the remaining ink amount is disabled.