Reinstalled windows due to virus probs and had 2 maxtor ext drives cleaned by macafee but on startup both sad abk.dat file missing, needed to open the files, same on both, all the data is still there when clicking explore.
i live in ethiopia and new viruses were a problem, i let a frind use it and he used an infected usb stick, i had no problems until now as we have no int connection
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Run System In Safe Mode:
To identify the root cause of theproblem, first of all restart your system, press and hold F8 key. Do thefollowing once you are on the desktop.
1. Right click on Computer. 2. Select Manage. 3. Click on Event Viewer in computer management. 4. Double click on Application. 5. Check for the errors. 6. Similarly double click on System and check for the errors. 7. Search for the solution to this problem.
Now you are able to easily diagnosewhy Windows laptop starts up very slow.
Limit your Startup list:
A long list of programs in startupcan adversely affect the performance of your PC. There are some programsrunning in the background without knowledge of user that causes Windows laptopto start slower. To solve the problem, follow the steps given below.
1. Click on Start button. 2. Type "msconfig" in search option. 3. Double click on the file. 4. Click on Startup. 5. Uncheck all unwanted programs. 6. Close system configuration utility. 7. You are done.
Uninstall unwanted program:
Sometimes Windows laptop starts upvery slow due to unwanted programs hogging your memory. To fix this problem,below are some steps.
1. Click on Start button on thetaskbar. 2. Go to Control Panel. 3. Double click on Add or Remove Programs. 4. In the list of programs, select the program that you no longer needed. 5. Click on Remove button. 6. Repeat step 4 for all unwanted programs. 7. You are done.
Scan System for Viruses:
Windows laptop may start slower due to any virus onyour computer. To solve this problem you should scan your system with somepowerful antivirus program.
Run Disk Clean Up:
Running disk clean up utility isalso helpful to resolve slow Windows start up. To run disk clean up utility,here are the steps given:
1. Click on Start button. 2. Go to All Programs. 3. Click on Accessories. 4. Now click on System tools. 5. Click on Disk clean up.
Defrag hard disk:
1. Click on Start button. 2. Go to Command Prompt. 3. Type "chkdsk" and press Enter.
You mayuse some safe program such as McAfee secured RegInOut to fix registry relatedissues.
First, purchase a new internal disk-drive (newer? faster? bigger?) and set aside your current disk-drive, rather than "overwriting" any of the files on the current disk-drive when reinstalling Windows.
Second, reinstall Windows.
Third, reinstall the Maxtor software that you used to do the "backup".
Fourth, connect the OneTouch, and use that Maxtor software to "restore" the files.
Since your "original" disk-drive is not connected to your computer, it is IMPOSSIBLE to "screw-up" disasterously.
Hi, Yes, you are right !, your system is infected with a serious virus and you cannot use your computer unless you remove the visus.
This problem happens when there is no updated antivirus running.
To fix it, download/ aquire MacAfee antivirus and its latest update.
Boot the system to safe mode, and install the macAfee and update. Run the scanner and remove the virus.
Try and let me know if its not succeeded.