Question about Dell Dimension 4550 P4 Socket 478B Motherboard (2U819)
Dell Dimension 4550
I swapped a hard drive that I knew was working and got the same message. Did all combinations of Dell hard drive and working hard drive as single/double/master/slave. Same messages.
Replaced IDE cable. Same message.
Ran diagnostics disk. Could not recognize hard drive. Tried to run chkdsk but would not.
since you already tried removing and reseating the hdds . The problem could be the motherbaord slot. To troubleshoot the same
1. First Disconnect all hardrives and optical drives from the system
2. Go to the system setup or BIOS
3. Hold down the ALT key and press "F"
4. Hit ESC , save changes and exit .
5. SHutdown the system
6. Reconnect the HDD IDE cable to the optical drive connector on the motherboard.
You can refer to the following motherboard diagram
7. Check if the hdd , is getting detected in the system setup
You can refer to the following link on how to read system setup screen
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2014 | Dell J0592 / 0J0592 DIMENSION 4550...
Jul 29, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4550 P4 Socket 478B...
Jul 03, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4550 P4 Socket 478B...
Sep 26, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4550 P4 Socket 478B...
Jun 09, 2009 | Dell Optiplex GX280 (99301) Motherboard
Jun 08, 2009 | Dell (E210882) Motherboard
Jan 26, 2009 | Dell (6U214) Motherboard
Mar 11, 2008 | Dell (04U621) for Latitude D600, Inspiron...
948 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: