Question about HP Compaq Presario SR1830NX PC Desktop
The page comes up "sorry for any inconviences but your computer was shut down incompletely or more aless it didn't run its course to properly shut down. It gives me a few options of having the computer go back to known source before this happened..I pressed each one of them and nothing happens and it just goes round and round..please help!!!!!
I'm afraid the solution is a bit technical. You will have to make or get, a Windows98 startup disk. This will allow you to "boot" into the system and do a repair. If you don't have this, then your other recourse is to use the cd's supplied with the computer and do a restore. The last choice is to get a windows98(2nd edition) and rebuild the whole system. In any case the possibilty that you can recover fully is not good. The likely hood of your hard drive being currupt or bad sectors is very possible, and you may have to bring the pc to a qualified technician.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite M45-S165 Notebook
Feb 03, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Power button board 496830-001
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on,
and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see "Battery" on page 4-7).
5. Disconnect the wireless antenna cables from the WLAN module (see "WLAN module" on page 4-15).
6. Remove the keyboard (see "Keyboard" on page 4-17).
7. Remove the keyboard cover (see "Keyboard cover" on page 4-20).
Remove the power button board:
1. Remove the two Phillips PM2.0x4.0 screws 1 that secure the power button board to the keyboard cover.
2. Remove the power button board 2.
Here is the service manual: See page 4-22
Click on this link or copy and paste the complete link into your browser.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Feb 01, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 23, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HAPU17BU Netbook
Aug 03, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite P305D-S8834 Notebook
Feb 27, 2010 | Dell Vostro 200 PC Desktop
Nov 06, 2009 | Gateway T1623BU 14.1" Notebook PC PC...
Apr 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 10, 2008 | MSI PT880 Neo FSR Motherboard
Sep 14, 2008 | NovaLogic Delta Force: Black Hawk Down...
413 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: