Question about Canon PIXMA iP90 InkJet Printer
INSTALLED NEW PRINTHEAD (FROM CANON) AND NEW BLACK CARTRIGE. STILL NO BLACK
I had this problem recently with my IP90. Both the black and color heads were clogged. After running the "canned" routines several times to clean the heads and deep clean the heads...still didn't help...here's what I did:
1. open the top lid to have the cartridges that are inserted in the print head move to the middle of the printer.
2. remove both cartridges
3. What is left there is the print head holder. Slightly move it to the right and gently lift the print head lock.
4. Grasp the print head and lift it out of the tank.
5. Have several paper towels hand and know that you will have color and bw ink on your fingers
6. Put the print head on the paper towel
7. Pour rubbing alcohol on the blk and color heads and let them sit of about 10-15 minutes.
8. after that dry the heads and re-insert them in the printer
9. I put new cartridges in the printer and ran clean and deep clean a few times.
10. My color and black and white print came right back!
Hope this helps.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Switch to composite black, print out 3 pages, then go back to regular black. It could be a software problem.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Nov 25, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Oct 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Sep 24, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 InkJet Printer
Aug 31, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Jul 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 InkJet Printer
Jun 23, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
May 01, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Jun 23, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP90 InkJet Printer
608 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!