- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First check the yam does play other sources of sound, e.g. radio or CD. Then try your ipod in another dock to check the Ipod is working.
Then check the manual for the Yam to be sure that you have set it to a mode where it will take in the signal from the IPod. Did you switch it away from IPod source to play a DVD or a CD or the radio?
The problem can be the cable or speakers or RX-V463 or settings. Need to check one by one.
Set the RX-V on DTS or Dolby Digital
1) Check Cables - connect the 2 (surround) cables from RXV's Centre Out to Centre speaker. If the Centre speaker works, then cables are ok.
2) Check speakers - Connect each Surround speaker to RXV's Centre out. If it works Speakers are ok.
3) Check RXV - Set it on DTS or Dolby Digital
Connect RXV's surround out (one at a time) L and R to the Centre speaker. If there is no sound, the problem could be RXV's settings (I need to read the manual).