Question about Coby MP-C7085 MP3 Player
I work for Coby technical support. Our customer service phone number is 1-800-727-3592.
If the unit is no longer turning on, unfortunately, it needs to be replaced. The unit can not be fixed. The warranty is 90 days from the date of purchase. You would need the receipt in order to receive a warranty replacement.
If you feel this solution doesn't deserve a good rating, please let me know why so that I may better assist you. If there is anything more I can do to help, I will!
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2012 | Thomson MP3 & Digital Media Players
Restoring RCA M4304A Recorder Firmware
Symtom: recorder shows OPAL splash screen, then shows "profiling requires20mb of free space, shutting down" and then shuts down. Recorder cannot be accessed by windows or the RCA easyrip software.
Solution: Use the firmware update found here: http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/downloads/OPAL_066F_85A4_85A5_0_1140_SIG.EXE
This update needs to be ran on an xp computer running 32 bitOS. It was tested in a Win 7 64bitmachine and proven to not work.
Necessary steps taken to get the firmware to properlyrestore were as follows:
1. Hold in the power (menu) button for 10 seconds(the splash screen will show and it will give the error message, ignore it)
2. While still holding the power button, press theplay/pause button and hold down.
3. Release the power button while still holdingdown the play/pause button and wait 5 seconds.
4. While still holding the play/pause button plugin the usb cable to the recorder. Continue to hold the play/pause button foranother 5 seconds after plugging the cable in.
5. Release the play pause button then launch theEXE for the firmware update. Minimize the instruction screen so you can see thefull update screen.
6. Leave the format checkbox checked (check it ifit isn't checked) formatting is crucial to this working.
7. Once the status in the update window changesfrom initializing to ready click start to update the recorder. It will go through formatting, then updating.
8. Once the status shows complete disconnect therecorder and with any luck the recorder is usable again. The media files will obviously have to bereloaded, but the recording is functional at least.
Sep 21, 2010 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Mar 10, 2010 | Archos Internet Media Tablet MP3 Player
Dec 13, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Jan 28, 2008 | Archos 504 500870 Digital Media Player
Dec 06, 2007 | RCA Lyra RD2765 MP3 Player
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!