Hi Jhacy, there are a few reasons why you're system would freeze when opening a game you want to play.
1. Please check the game requirements
needed for PC. You're system must meet the minimal requirements
. If you bought this game, the information will be listed on the game box.
If you do not have the box than go to the web site home page for the game & find the minimal requirements needed to play that game. It is not always about the video card. It is also about you're PC system. CPU strength, system memory, size & speed. Operating system, is the operating system updated?
Even over-all system peformance. Run windows system defrag to help you're primary drive re-gain some speed.
2. Make sure you're FX 5500 is using the latest software drivers.
3. Install microsoft directx 9.0c Click this link to download & install.
4. Each game will most likely have (Game updates/patches).
Go to the games main web page & download & install any updates and or patches.
5. Lastly, when you first open the game. There should be a section for (Settings). Lower the video settings for the game. Exzample: If you have the video settings set to High, change it/them to low or medium low.
After everything I mentioned above has been run checked, updated & installed & the game still freezes it may be time to call the makers of the game. Every game site has technical support. You can email them with you're troubles trying to play the game. Chances are after doing all the above you may not need to contact the game maker.
Good Luck Jhacy!
Please let me know if this has helped.