Question about IBM ThinkPad R40 2722 Notebook
I restored my computer to the factory settings and now it won't connect to wireless signals. Is it something to do with the the IP address? I have no clue how to get back on the internet.
Oh, wireless Internet? You restored it? Did you install a different operating system? Or had you installed one before resetting? A change of OS may result in the deletion of particular drivers.
Go to the manufacturer's website. There, search for your model's support and download the drivers you want, for instance, the wireless network adapter drivers. Also, check your sound.
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2012 | Acer Aspire 7741z
Sep 13, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 31, 2011 | NetGear WNDR3400 N600 Wireless Dual Band...
Aug 23, 2011 | Belkin N Wireless Router wireless router
I hope you have a Belkin F5D8233 ver :3000 wireless router and you have upgraded the firmware version: 3.01.29.
It's a known issue with this model , only the wired connection will be not be online. Another information when you connect the computer in the 1st LAN slot you will have internet connection but not with other 3 LAN slot on the router. To fix this please follow these steps,
1. Log into the Belkin router setup page (http://192.168.2.1) in a wired computer .
2. In the left hand side under the heading Utilities? click on save/backup settings
3. When its asking for password to login leave it blank and click on submit.
4. Click on save to save the settings of the router in the Desktop
5. Then again under Utilities? click on restore factory defaults and then click restore defaults button, to restore the settings of your router to factory settings.
6. Then Under Utilities click on restore previous settings and select the file where you saved it and click on restore settings.
Then automatically you will be able to go online both wired and wireless.
I'm sure this would work. If it does work then please rank me and give me a testimonial
Thanks in Advance!
Jan 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 23, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Sep 22, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Sep 19, 2009 | Gateway M-6335 PC Notebook
Sep 04, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
402 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!