Question about Price Pfister 01-311 Shower Head, Tub Spout and Valve Set
There is a threaded stem that passes through the spout and attaches to the white plastic diveter valve. If you are starting from scratch (everything apart), you can put it back together in this order:
1) Place the white plastic diverter inside the spout. the circular side with the black round washer should face the the wall side of the shower (mating up against the threads for the water pipe).
2) The stem can now be inserted from the top and into the notched section of the white plastic diverter valve. The threaded end of the stem shoud be outside of the spout (from the top side).
3) A round black washer fits over the threads. It should sit right where the threads end. Dont push it all the way on to the unthreaded portion of the stem.
4) Screw the threaded knob onto the threads.
Should be ready to install now. Including the spout itself, there are 5 parts and are configured in this order from top to bottom.
1) Female threaded knob (the knob for operating the spout)
2) Threaded stem (threads on top)
3) Round black washer
5) Whit plastic diverter valve.
Mine leaks when I turn on the shower, thus reducing shower pressure. I looks like a poor design to me. The stem is not a tight fit in the spout and this allows the diverter to "wobble". The washer on the diverter valve does not seat tightly and allows water to leak out the tub spout when showering. I would replace the spout.
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2017 | Plumbing
Nov 24, 2014 | Price Pfister 8P8-PDKK Pasadena Single...
Jun 14, 2011 | Price Pfister 01-111 Shower Head, Tub...
Feb 24, 2010 | Price Pfister 01-111 Shower Head, Tub...
Nov 12, 2009 | Price Pfister R89-7PC0 Chrome Portland...
Nov 11, 2009 | Home
Sep 12, 2009 | Price Pfister Home
Mar 26, 2009 | Price Pfister Hanover 950-102S Soap &...
Mar 15, 2009 | Price Pfister Ashfield Widespread Bathroom...
696 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: