Question about Printers & Copiers
Has anyone else been feeling less than able with the scanning function? All I want to do is scan images to save on my computer, but it only seems to have a print option. All installed fine but no help in the manual at all.
The best way to scan images to save on your computer is touse the scanner software on the computer. Not the scan function on the scanner.
You don't say what type of scanner and software you have but usually scannersoftware works this way:
1) Place photo on scanner
2) Open scanner software
3) Using the software, Initiate scan
4) Name the Scanned item and save it to your desired location/folder
Note: some applications will automatically save to --My Documents--My Pictures
5) Repeat process for each pic to be scanned.
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2014 | Canon LASER SHOT LBP-2900 Printer
Sep 21, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Oct 28, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Jun 02, 2010 | Lexmark X2470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA® MP210 Printer
Dec 07, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
May 19, 2009 | HP PSC 1410v All-in-One Printer
You can save the scanned data on a USB memory or a memory card by using the control panel.
- You can not use USB memory card and memory card simultaneously.
1 .Select Scan (Scan) on page HOME (HOME) and then press the OK button.
The screen where you select where the data should be saved is displayed.
2 .Turn the USB memory card direct print port or memory card into the slot.
3 .Select USB flash drive (USB flash drive) or memory card (Memory card) and then press the OK button.
4 .Select Save on USB disk (Save to USB flash). The screenshot Scan documents (Scan document) is displayed.
5. State the necessary settings and then press the OK button.
6. Place the original on the glass plate as shown on the LCD screen.
7. Press the [color] (Color) for scanning in color, or button [Black] (Black) for scanning in black and white.
When the preview is enabled, press the OK button after viewing the preview pane on the LCD screen.
The machine starts scanning and the scanned data is stored either on the USB memory card. Remove the original from the glass plate, the scan is complete.
- You can only scan images continuously when you select PDF. Continue to scan the confirmation screen. You can save up to 100 pages of images in a PDF file.
- If the USB memory card or memory card becomes full while images are scanned, saved only images that are already scanned.
- You can save up to 2000 files of scanned data in both JPEG and PDF formats.
- Folder and filename of the scanned data stored on USB memory or memory card is as follows:
• Folder Name: (extensions: PDF): CANON_SC \ DOCUMENT \ 0001
• Folder Name: (File Extension: JPG): CANON_SC \ IMAGE \ 0001
• Filename: Serial number, starting from "SCN_0001"
• File dates: 01/01/2008
Mar 28, 2009 | Canon Printers & Copiers
Nov 30, 2008 | HP PSC 1215 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 07, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
222 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!