Question about RCA F36444 36" TV

1 Answer

RCA F36444 Hello My RCA F36444 is giving some trouble. The power light keeps going on and off while making a funny noise. Someone told me it's the flyback. Can this be fixed and where can I get the parts? Thanks

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer
Re: RCA F36444

I have had the same problem, then the tv died. I sent it in for repair and was told it was the transformer. Once fixed I've had no problems since. Hope this helps. Also total cost for repairs was 155.00 parts and labor.

Posted on Aug 01, 2009

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

When i turn the power on there is a high pitch sqeal and ozone smell. then the power goes off

If there is an ozone smell, that usually indicates arching high voltage which should also be visible through the back cover vents (or back cover removal-better yet) if arching (blue sparking) is observed it is usually on the left side -back - rear and is likely the flyback transformer that has a crack in the casing - check there first- if the source of arching is identified post back here with details.Caution since High voltage is present.

Oct 14, 2009 | RCA F36444 36" TV

2 Answers


A shorted horizontal output transistor or shorted flyback. If the flyback is shorted replace also its HOT.

Apr 05, 2009 | RCA F36650 36" TV

1 Answer

My tv will not turn on any more.

OK,These sets are well known for Bad Flyback transfomer and shorted hori output transistor,noise your hear is caused when hori output is shorted .FBT# 239111 Acme has them with 1yr. warranty have phone number at shop will get back to you with that asap.replace these 2 parts and that will fix TV

Dec 11, 2008 | RCA Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

High pitch noise and the power light flashes.

most likely it is the flyback transformer. I have had meny RCA tv's with a bad Flyback and H.O.T transistor bad. Cost depends on the service center. Parts average around $60.00 dealer, so depending on mark up and shop labor it could vary greatly. If you have never changed these parts it is best to have a service man do it ... Take it to the shop and save the trip call charge $49.00 and up to $125.00..

Nov 18, 2008 | RCA F36650 36" TV

1 Answer

Rca 36 " F36650

horz output transistor goes out with the fly

Nov 20, 2007 | RCA F36650 36" TV

2 Answers

Rca d52w15

Possible short and safety is keeping the set from burning up. A service man should be able to find the short hopefully in a small amount of time.

Nov 05, 2007 | RCA D52W15 TV

1 Answer

36" RCA TV Wont power up

Best suggestion is IHVT,also known as flyback transformer.Thomson products well-known for xformer troubles. (GE,RCA & Proscan)

Oct 04, 2007 | RCA F36665 36" TV

1 Answer

Blank screen, power light clicks on and

This sounds like the common problem for this set. A bad connection in the sweep section or a bad flyback and a bad horizontal output transistor. Good Luck.

Aug 08, 2006 | RCA F36444 36" TV

4 Answers

Will not turn on?

A couple of easy things you could try is to unplug the TV from the AC over night, to let it discharge, and see if theres any difference, and also try to connect it to another power outlet. anything else is a bit tricky - if you have no electronic repair experience you should take the set to a repair shop. Some of the solutions described below can be dangerous, TV's are very hazardous to service. Even when plugged out, TV's can store very high voltages. Its possible that you got some dry joints, look for poor soldered joints on the high voltage side, and resolder them. Good luck

Mar 29, 2006 | RCA F36444 36" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA F36444 36" TV Logo

Related Topics:

98 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Standard (CRT) Televisions Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

66499 Answers

John mullen

Level 2 Expert

229 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2963 Answers

Are you a RCA Standard (CRT) Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides