Question about Hitachi 53FDX20B 53" Rear Projection Television
Repair Kit for Hitachi convergence Chassis DP-14G
KIT10 Includes 2 pcs STK392-150 , 1 each of the following 1W axial lead fusible resistors:
Posted on Dec 05, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2010 | Toshiba TP43H95 43" Rear Projection...
Feb 16, 2010 | Samsung HC-P4752W 47" Rear Projection...
Nov 25, 2008 | Hitachi UltraVision CineForm 55VG825 55"...
Oct 30, 2007 | RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Jul 29, 2006 | Sony KP-41T65 41" Rear Projection...
247 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: