I am getting a black message window that reads "this is a string to test Text mode startup message function". What can I do to fix this? I was able to just press any button on the remote and it would go away, now it only goes away for 30 to 45 seconds.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you want to create a Logon Banner: A message box to appear below your logon on.
1.Open RegEdit 2.Go To For Windows 9x and ME - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon For Windows 2000 XP 2003 Vista - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon
3.Create a new String value"LegalNoticeCaption " 4. Enter the Title of the window. What is displayed in the Title Bar. 5. Create a new string value "LegalNoticeText" 6. Enter the text for your message box that will appear even before the Logon window.
At 1 of the end sides of the cartage you will see a little window, a beam of light hits that window to determine if you need Ink..Place a small piece of Electric tape over that window and.wallah print,fax and copy away. Brother is a ripoff-A cheap printer that auto-cleans(wastes ink) and locks the whole system claiming your out of Ink or low>>>But this is sure to work! ;)
the error: (Under this test, results show Error code 5300: 0119, which different comments for different parameters) Msg: Detected a failure while writing and reading video memory. (e.g.) Video mode: Dh (320 x 200 16) Address A002Ch, expected to read Oh, but read 1Dh instead *
indicates the video card has failed and need to be replaced.
2) Press the "on" button on your laptop, and *immediately* start tapping on the F8 key on your keyboard. This should bring up a black screen with white text on it.
NOTE: You may get a message saying "keyboard error, press F1 to continue." If this happens, press F1 and then keep tapping on the F8 key.
NOTE: If the Windows screen comes up, turn off the computer and try again until you get to a black screen with different startup choices on it.
3) Once you have reached the startup choices screen, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight "safe mode." Press the Enter key. If you are asked to choose your operating system, just press Enter again.
This will start a lot of text scrolling on your screen. Just be patient. When it stops, you will see a login screen. Log in under your name (sometimes this is "owner").
4) You will now be logged in to you computer in Safe Mode. A message will pop up asking if you want to use Safe Mode or System Restore. Click on System Restore.
5) You should now have the option to undo your last System Restore. Choose this option and follow the instructions on your screen to get back to where you were before you tried to restore your laptop.
If you need further help after that, please reply with the name and model number of your laptop. For example, "Dell Inspiron 530," or "Compaq Presario 3000." Also let me know what version of Windows you are using, for example "XP" or "Vista."
Possibly the closed caption feature on this set has been turned on. There is a button on the remote control that says Caption. Press it until you turn the caption off. This will not be on a universal remote, only the original remote. You can also turn this off through the caption section on your on-screen menu.