Question about Ingersoll Rand Type 30 Electric Driven Two Stage Horizontal Air Compressor 120 Gallon Fully Packaged Ir 2545E10VFP
Want to do a service on a compressor what are the parts required and what are the procedures
Actually not a lot of Parts.
1) Remove & Clean the Air Intake Element
a) Check and see IF the Secondary Pump Head has a Filter/Breather and Clean That also...
2) Drain and Change the Oil (per Manufacturer Requirements-I PREFER Ingersoll-Rand Compressor Oil Myself) Don't Over-Fill!!
3) Check the Wear on the Drive Belt(s) and Tension ( Deflection shouldn't be more than 5/8" Between the Motor and Compressor)
4) I usually Blow out the Motor with about 20psi of Air, since it probably has Sealed Shaft Support Bearings, and is the Brushless Type, Not Much to do. Pull Off the Inspection Plate, and Check for How Clean the Inside of the Motor is BEFORE you "Air-it-Out", if there are any signs of Greasy Dirt, you may want to get some Electrical Spray Cleaner, and spray just enough to Wash the Contaminants off...
5) DRAIN Your Main Holding Tank: Drain Until there is NO Moisture Left, just Dry Air. You could Drain into a Pint Mason Jar-Just make Sure you Only Open the Drain just enough to let a Minimal amount of Flow, and see what Contaminants are in your Tank...(this should be done at least Once a week anyways) I installed a Auto-Drain on Mine, AND a Auto Water Drain on the Regulator is a Great idea too...
6) Check ALL your Wiring Connections, make sure they are Tight...Vibration will cause them to Loosen.
7) Sometimes is a Good idea to Check Your Keyways on Your Pulley Shafts for Wear, should be a "Press-Fit"
8) Check the Pulley/Belt alignment, make sure it's running True. IF Not, Check Your Motor & Compressor Mounting Bolts
I usually do a PM (Periodical Maintanence) about every 3 Months on My Compressors...and don't forget to Oil Your Air Tools Before each Use.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2016 | Ingersoll Rand Air & Gas Compressors
Aug 13, 2014 | Air & Gas Compressors
May 07, 2012 | Ingersoll Rand - Rand Type - 30...
Dec 03, 2010 | Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Maintenance...
May 21, 2010 | Ingersoll Rand - Rand Type - 30...
May 10, 2010 | Ingersoll Rand - Rand Type - 30...
Dec 01, 2009 | Ingersoll Rand - Rand Type - 30...
Oct 06, 2009 | Air & Gas Compressors
Jan 09, 2009 | Ingersoll Air & Gas Compressors
294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: