- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You may try power resetting the unit and check if it helps. To power reset, turn OFF the DVD player and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and turn the player ON. Attempt to open the disc tray.
Depending on the model number of your DVD player, simultaneously press the POWER + STOP + EJECT buttons. If the disc tray still does not open, simultaneously press the DISC1 + STOP + EJECT buttons.
NOTE: This step may not apply to all models as DISC1 is not available on all DVD players.
If this does not work and if the DVD player has DISPLAY and PREV buttons, press and hold the DISPLAY+PREV buttons for two seconds to unlock the drawer.
1. Opening DVD Drawer 2. Pressing "0000" on the remote. 3. A screen appears saying NEW REGION CODE and displays the current one. 4. Press "0" for all zones. 5. Press the "select" button on the remote. 6. Close the CD Drawer. 7. Power off for recorders try this Power on w no DVD in. Press Setup on remote. Highlight Lock Picture. Press 0000000 (7x 0). Player will display "congratulations player now region free", select OK.
Hi, I have just sucessfully unlocked my LG home theatre HT502TH by do the steps below - good luck
1. Opening DVD Drawer
2. Pressing "0000" on the remote.
3. A screen appears saying NEW REGION CODE and displays the current one.
4. Press "0" for all zones.
5. Press the "select" button on the remote.
6. Close the CD Drawer. (may need to do this manually)
7. Power off
That happens when you close the drawer instead of pressing the close button you can skip gears and it would have to be taken apart and re-calibrated. Sometimes it is just a glitch that you can over-ride using a straight pin into a small hole on the front (assuming this uses a drawer).
If you are unable to get the tray of the dvd player open either the player will have a hole in front for you to stick a (I use a straightened out paper clip) into and press in towards the dvd player. It will manually open the drive so you can retrieve your dvd or there will be enough of a lip on the tray door you can grab it and pull it open manually. Then I would try unplugging the player and waiting a few minutes and plugging it back in and you might get lucky and it may never happen again. Good luck . Hope it works.